Friday, January 21, 2011

My Poor Sewing Machines... SUMMER Neglection!

I think my sewing machines may soon file for a divorce! The last thing I remember sewing up was a speedy red velvet Christmas stocking on Christmas Eve when Lil's went missing! I have lots cut out ready to sew up ( bathers, yoga pants, skirts) but it is not happening! Normally in Summer, I hide indoors with the aircon and sew to my hearts content. But this year two factors have interfered:

1. The husband has been home for almost 3 weeks. Yep, 3 weeks. For a husband who works away, to suddenly be around for 3 weeks takes a bit of adjusting- for all of us! He managed to keep us busy with trips everywhere and little projects outside of home.

2. The POOL. This year, we have a big humungous pool in the back yard. Only an above ground number, but quite large nonetheless.  So anyday the temperature reaches above 20o, we end up out back in the pool.

So what's a Crafty Mama to do? Adapt to her changing environment. This is my latest portable poolside/car trip project...a blanket for the eldest.
Based on the one from The Handmade Dress 
except I have just realised my corners are a bit different, but no matter! I am enjoying the mindless "doing".



I have also had a little dye fest in the laundry in the evenings...





How are you maintaining your Crafty-ness over Summer?



Lisa :)





1 comment:

Tracy said...

I like your blanket Lisa and I'm envious of the pool, another hot one here today

About Me

Crafty Mamas SHOP blog. Aussie agent for Farbenmix, Studio Tantrum, Stenzo fabric, Ottobre design. Stocking Hilco fabric, Mamu design and other cool stuff!