Sunday, January 23, 2011

Farbenmix ELODIE at Crafty Mamas



Finally I got to trial this lovely new Farbenmix- ELODIE. 
Grab yours over at Crafty Mamas!

ELODIE is in German, bit the Farbemix ladies (helpful as always!) have a step by step tute available. I was very mindful of it being slim fitting, and as I made this one for Lil (7) I used  her usual height size but went up one size in width. It worked perfectly. I also left off the zip.

The fabric I used as my muslin is a light cotton voile I think I picked up from Spotlight. It must have been cheap as I have 10 m of the stuff!!

This is very very pretty peasant style dress with variations in the sleeves. You can glam it up for formal or make as plain as you wish. The cut of the skirt is just superb, rates very high on the twirl factor.

Time involved: about 1 1/2 hours  sewing and elasticing etc. 

My model is not very cooperative today, but I think she loves it..even though it is not red!





1 comment:

toadstooldots said...

Its gorgeous, Lisa, even it is not red ;-) !

And yes, it is slim fit - it fits my skinny DD perfectly. I made it also without zipper but from jersey (and its her new favourite dress)

About Me

Crafty Mamas SHOP blog. Aussie agent for Farbenmix, Studio Tantrum, Stenzo fabric, Ottobre design. Stocking Hilco fabric, Mamu design and other cool stuff!