Tuesday, August 14, 2007

OTTOBRE Woman Issue 2 & FABRIC !!



I managed to sneak some sewing time on Sunday and made up Pattern #4 from the new Womens Ottobre. I love it! It's the one featured on the cover, except I made it in a charcoal cotton/spandex knit. I think it turned out quite well. I have plans to make more! Sorry about the dodgey pic, it's hard to take a decent pic of yourself! Note: must read instruction book to figure out the timer thingy! I am so impresses with the ladies Otto patterns, (and the kids!) they make such great, easy to wear fashion patterns.
FABRIC COMING to Crafty Mamas SHOP!

Ok, I've told a few...it's now official. Crafty Mamas SHOP will from here on in be stocking very groovy fabric each season from overseas! Yep, the some fabric you and I have drooled over in Ottobre and Bizz Kids...exciting hey??

Our first lot arrives any day now...with lots more coming in for Spring/Summer. You can get a sneak preview in the
CraftyMamas Online Shop! Lot's of Poplin Oli flowers...oh, what can we make?!!! I'm thinking skirts and dresses...beautiful.

I tell you, it's very bad...all I want to do is sew. I am getting no housework or study done at all!

SWAP TIME AT CRAFTYMAMAS

At CM we have regular SWAPS, and they are great fun. Yesterday I received my items from my SWAP buddy for the Recycled SWAP. You had to create a craft item using mostly recycled items. Here's what the very clever Witchieg made for me:

1)A lovely white cotton apron with a stencilled Fleur de Ly's/heart print! I am a real apron gal, so I love this. 2) A cute little pin with groovy paper shoes inside! So sweet! My girls have their eyes on this..will have to watch it! 3) And a stunning handbag made from a woollen jumper! She has felted and then blanket stitched the edges, and hand quilted the outside! It is stunning! I love it so!



No comments:

About Me

Crafty Mamas SHOP blog. Aussie agent for Farbenmix, Studio Tantrum, Stenzo fabric, Ottobre design. Stocking Hilco fabric, Mamu design and other cool stuff!