Thursday, August 16, 2007

OTTOBRE Sewing, Reading and Cooking!


WHY I LOVE OTTOBRE design...

From Issue 4/2003, Pattern #10, Child's nightie. Another nice quick pattern to sew up of an evening! I love that Ottobre patterns always work!!

WHAT I'VE BEEN READING

Over the past month I have read a few books..shh..I should not have time for reading, I am meant to be studying! My fave this month is the new novel by the author of The Dressmaker, Rosalie Ham. Her new one is Summer at Mount Hope. It is described as being an outback Pride and Prejudice...which I think sums it up very well. I enjoyed it, buy I did not find the characters as interesting as the ones in The Dressmaker. I'm listing it on eBay today.



SOME COOKING!

I have been making a fabbo Fruit bread in the bread maker, and have just posted the recipe over at Crafty Mamas. It is yummo, and lends itself to lots of variation re;fruit.

As it was beastly cold here yesterday, I decided to thaw some lamb chops and cooked up an good old fashioned Irish Stew. This involves layering bbq chops, sliced potatoes and onions in a large pot. Season with parsley, slat and pepper.Cover with about 2 cups of water and let cook gently for about an hour. Divine. Just the ticket for a cold winter evening. I love Irish tucker.

What have you been cooking up?




1 comment:

Stacy said...

I should have my official homemaker card taken away!! I haven't gotten much done at all lately! Thanks for the well-wishes at my blog today. At least, I have a good "excuse" for my lack of productivity, right?? :)

About Me

Crafty Mamas SHOP blog. Aussie agent for Farbenmix, Studio Tantrum, Stenzo fabric, Ottobre design. Stocking Hilco fabric, Mamu design and other cool stuff!