Monday, February 04, 2013

The Homemade Pencil case

Life is just far too crazy around here, with Summer Uni, the kids home, Crafty Mamas Fabrics, C-R-A-Z-Y.
I start the day with huge lists to do, and it just gets longer as the day goes on! I miss my sewing machines so much- but I'm trying to get back in there! I have sewn a very little though!

I have been making a new pencil case for Miss B, ( who is 13 next month- how did that happen??) ever since she started Prep. She is now in Year 8. Lot's and lot of pencil cases!!! The previous years get a good wash up, and are often used to just stash things, or passed to the younger sibling ( who gleefully accepts half used textas, worn down pencils and blunt pencil sharpeners!).

There is something enjoyable about making  a pencil case.... something soothing about no brainer, straight line and insert zipper sewing ...and I love that Miss B instigates the creation of a new pencil case each year. I guess one day, she won't want one..(sob!). The size of the pencil case is always determined by what she has in mind on the day, and the fabric design.  Here's a look back at a few of our pencil cases!

The LONDON pencil case... for 2013!


 

No comments:

About Me

Crafty Mamas SHOP blog. Aussie agent for Farbenmix, Studio Tantrum, Stenzo fabric, Ottobre design. Stocking Hilco fabric, Mamu design and other cool stuff!